This page provides information about positions available at SUN Area Technical Institute, employment requirements, and our application process.
Volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application and obtain the Act 151 and Act 34 clearances, along with signing the Volunteer Affidavit in lieu of the Act 114 FBI Fingerprint Clearance if they are PA residents and have been for the past 10 years. The links below can be used to obtain Volunteer Clearances, be sure to select that you are obtaining them for Volunteer purposes. *Note* Volunteer clearances CAN NOT be used for employment purposes.
Current Job Opportunities
Employment Requirements Checklist
- Process Act 151 Child Abuse Check. Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will give you immediate access to your results, or the status of your results, if your results cannot be processed immediately.
- Process, using service code 1KG6NX, Act 114 Federal Criminal History Report. You WILL be required to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken.
- Process Act 34 PA State Police Background Clearance. The results will not be mailed. You must return to the ePatch site and print your criminal history check results.
- Complete the Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse: Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania Online Training. Print the Certificate of Completion.
- Submit resumé, pre-employment application, and the 4 reports listed above to:
Jodi Marshall, Office Manager
SUN Area Technical Institute
815 East Market St.
New Berlin, PA 17855