ARE YOU A COMPUTER GEEK OR HAVE GEEK ENVY? Do you love working with computers? Do you love taking computers apart or building computers? Do you ever wonder how you can send an email half-way around the world in less than a second? Would you love to know how the geeks on TV like Abby and McGee from NCIS track down criminals through the use of computers? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you need to check out the Computer Networking Technology program at SUN Tech.
As a SUN Tech Computer and Networking Technology student, you will learn a wide range of skills that will enable you to get an entry level job, skills to give you a head start on college, and even a way to make good money while going to college!
Look at all the exciting things that “you” can learn at SUN:
- Build, upgrade and repair computers
- Setup and configure routers, switches, firewalls, and servers
- Design web pages and flash animations
- Administer a computer network, setting up user accounts, servers, etc
- Earn college credits from Penn College saving thousand of dollars in tuition!
- Work with Android, iPad, and Windows Surface technologies in a networking environment.
- Build laptop computers that you will use throughout the year!
Students enrolled in the Computer & Networking Technology program have the opportunity to earn the following college credits while attending SUN Tech, thanks to the http://www.pct.edu/k12/penncollegenow/ program:
|EET145||Networking 1||4 Credit|
The Computer & Networking Technology program prepares students for entry-level positions in the IT field, as well as for a variety of two-year or four-year degree programs at many higher education institutions.
Past graduates have attended the following schools:
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Penn State University
- Bucknell University
- Lycoming College
- McCann School of Business & Technology
Students who earn a proficient score on their NOCTI exam will be awarded a PA State Skills Certificate.
Students will also have a chance to become Certified in copper and fiber optic network cabling.
Program of Study
Computer Networking Technology is a SOAR approved program of study. This means that successful completion of this program earns you college credits that can be transferred to participating state colleges and universities.
This program requires students to come to school in a program-approved uniform. Please print the form provided and submit to purchase approved program attire.